Thursday 8 November 2012

Essence Breaking Dawn 2 Trend Haul

Yay for per-sheduled posts; since i did not want to disappear completely this month; either due to too much work or panic attack from too much work i though this was the best path to take.

So by now I'm sure you know my love for all thing's Essence; and it took me a bit longer then i like to get my hands on this and some of the new polish bottles but good things come to those who wait, and those who stalk the Essence counters like prey.


So I ended up getting most of the stuff i thought i would plus a few additions and alterations;

NAILPOLISH
I only got two polishes; 02 Jacob's Protection and 03 A Piece of Forever. I found the black very similar to Black Galaxy which i already had a dupe of anyway. I'm still considering the purple and might go back for it but upon testing 02 the formula appears very thick.

PIGMENT
I got the purple pigment and the gold one like i thought and I'm happy with that but I've never used pigments before so there will probably be some trial and error with these. The other two again seemed very very dark and i wasn't sure if the color would come through too muddy.


BLUSH

The blush was a no question for me and i was surprised that it was a powder not a creme like the last two Essence collections, it's a dark kind of brownish red that is actually very reminiscent of blood so appropriate in that regard. It's very pigmented and will take some blending to get right but a lovely addition to the collection.

HIGHLIGHTER
I surprised myself with the highlighter powder but it occurred to be i have nothing similar to this and though why not, it looks like fun. I'm such a sucker for Essence but swatching so far it seems like it highlights in a nice golden tone not a shiny silvery one which i think will go much nicer for the summer.

LIP GLOSS
The last solid purchase was the lip gloss which i got for the scent mostly, it smells like candy and the application is super smooth and only the tiniest bit sticky at first, choose the red not the purple as the purple looked very blue tinted and despite my recent enjoyment of Walking Dead i did not want to look like one.

EYELINER
Lastly the somewhat fail purchase, the glitter eyeliner, not sure what i was thinking there i bearly use eyeliner anyway and i have no idea how to apply a glitter one without it just looking a bit random. I can only say i was lured in by the pretty packaging. 

By the way, this post went live today because Target is today releasing their catalog with this trend edition listed within it's pages; meaning all Target stores should now have it in stock.

Happy Hunting :)


4 comments:

  1. Yay! I saw the Twilight stuff on the Essence website, can't wait to get my hands on some of the stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They didn't have the red lipgloss at my Target, I want to get my hands on it!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gold nail polish proved to be surprisingly beautiful, surprisingly doesn't leave streak marks despite being somewhat metallic. Will try get some pics up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Im having a blog sale... come have a look if you got time..

    http://purplesnowflake2008.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/blog-sale.html

    ReplyDelete