Monday 12 August 2013

(pre) Birthday Haul



So my birthday is coming in about a week and i decided to treat myself to a little gift, last year i brave the Mecca store for the first time and this year i went to the MAC counter and did my hardest to not think about the price inflation and just enjoy so birthday makeup. 

After much umm-ing and ahhh-ing over which eyeshadow i wanted, i narrowed it down to Shroom, Satin 
Taupe, and Wedge. However since i have been in the mood for matte eye shadows lately I decided to go with Wedge to use as a base brown and a crease or transition color. 

The other thing i got has been on my radar for a while, since i started getting into makeup three years ago now i also started watching makeup gurus on youtube, most of which are American and it would make fairly regular appearances and i always thought the color was absolutely beautiful but could not really justify the purchase, but now...well birthday justification. The product is of course the MAC Paint Pot in Rubenesque, the precursor to the Maybelline eye tattoos though the texture seems smoother.


Speaking of the Maybelline eye tattoos, well you may or may not have heard that a few new colors were recently released, since i already had picked up Barley Branded and Iced in Pink on the web-a-nets the other two colors that seemed much more interesting in person then on-line was electric blue and silver strike so i picked those up too. (BTW has anyone seen the maybelline pigments on line? they look awesome).


I then headed to Target to find that Target in Joondalup is doing a lot of clean up in their beauty section and there was about 6 bargain bins full of makeup stuffs including Burjois, Australis, Revlon, Set, CHI CHI, and L'Oreal amongst others. After digging around some i found L'Oreal infallible eye shadows in 036 Naughty Strawberry and 021 Sahara Treasure. I was  really surprised to see Naughty Strawberry in the pile because there was a display right next to it with the same color but those were marked as being $14.95 while i got these two for $4.80 each. This is pretty amazing as these regularly fluctuate between $21.95 down to around $12.95 so they were a total steel and i love both shades. The only downside is that now that i have finally tried these i might need to get more...


The other shadow i picked out was a Revlon satin eyeshadow in Polished bronze for $2.40, I'm not sure why it was even there as it's quite pigmented and very smooth, at least what i was able to  tell from when i swatched it at home.

I also came to the realization that i do like loose powders, I've been using a Ben Nye loose powder to set my makeup but it just gets everywhere and is so hard to use that despite the quality of the actual makeup i really don't like using it, so i picked up the Rimmel Stay Matte powder as my All about Matte from essence shattered completely when i dropped it a little while back and this one seems very well loved.

Last but not least, i along with every other blogger out there got the Olay Regenerist Advanced Cleansing System which i really like, and since it was the day my Priceline voucher came i, it only ended up costing me $8.  I will keep using it and it really works great but in addition to that my boyfriend totally fell in love with it and is considering finding a stronger one to use.

So that's my pre-birthday haul and i hope you enjoyed it. Let me know what you want for your birthday ?



3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday in advance! You got some great stuff xx

    jasminecara.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant choices for your pre-birthday haul! I love those L'Oreal shadows, Sahara Treasure is my favourite

    ReplyDelete