Friday 16 August 2013

Review: Illamasqua Powder Blush in Katie


When i first heard about Illamasqua a lot of the focus on the cream blushes and not so much on the powder blushes, which was cool with me, I'd already decided that i didn't need any other blushes except those from NARS but well i was wrong. These are very close in consistency and pigmentation though i think the Illamasqua blushes might be a little softer. They are also super pigmented and only a small amount is needed even for this shade (Katie) a pale matte blue tones baby pink. It gets quite powdery when you pick up product as you can see on the photo below.


I didn't initially pick up the blush after my makeover because i wanted to see how it would hold up over the night, well that and i was already spending way too much money there. So i got home and it had not budged, and this particular color just worked so perfectly with my super pale cool toned skin tone and i spent the next day thinking about it a lot until i finally just went back and got it. Boy am i glad i did, I'm so happy to have it home with me and it has fast become my favorite blush, i even put it in my makeup bag and moved Deep Throat back to my makeup box. It is quite literally my everyday blush.



I cannot say enough good things about this, i don't usually even like baby pink colors in makeup but this truly has my heart and i wish that people talked about the powder blushes from Illamasqua more then the creams because honestly this was far more impressive (but yes i love the cream blusher too). Have you tried these? How have they worked for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment