Thursday 16 January 2014

Review: Revlon Nearly Naked Mineral Powder Foundation


I've been a little interested in trying some mineral powders after my first foray into them years ago left me with a bit of a diastase for it, but it's been a while and I thought I would give it another try, hence I picked up the Nearly Naked Mineral Powder Foundation during the Priceline 40% off sale in November. I've since been using it on and off, every other day either with my Ponds BB cream or by itself when it's warmer and I need less coverage.


This powder is supposed to be paraben free, fragrance free and and talc free while being SPF 15 and containing  vitamins and minerals. The powder comes in 5 shades; fair, light, medium, medium deep and deep. I picked up fair, the lightest shade as light seemed a little too dusky for my skin tone. This isn't a high coverage foundation, it is very light and if that's what you need it for then it's amazing but don't expect it to be more then that. The spf is nice but i think it's the reason why this foundation has a slightly metallic scent which is the one thing I don't enjoy about it.

 I find the powder brush that comes with it is okay for application but i perfer using my Real Techniques expert face brush as I feel it does a much better job of buffing the powder into the skin rather then just applying a powder layer on the face.


It's also okay over a cream or liquid foundation or a bb cream but if used t quickly over a wet surface it will tend to absorb some of the liquid and cause streaks or patches so care needs to be taken. Plus it's not transparent so it might not be great as a setting powder. It is after all a foundation. I would repurchase this but I think I still enjoy bb cream + setting powder much better.


No comments:

Post a Comment